Welcome to the second part of our news corner, where we like to keep our news short and sweet.
- MBC’s upcoming weekend drama Hotel King is ready to go, the show will replace Jung Il Woo and Uee’s recently finished Golden Rainbow, and is set to air for 50 episodes. Hotel King brings back together, Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae of hit drama My Girl (2005), so there is a lot of hype about this reunion. Hotel King revolves around the sole heiress to a high class hotel and an ambitious hotel manager, with a side of ex-girlfriend and conniving hotel staff. (cr uploader)
- Korean hallyu star Lee Byung Heon of Iris and G.I:Joe fame has been confirmed as an, as yet unnamed, main cast member for the reboot of the Terminator series. The fifth movie in the franchise has been titled Terminator: Genesis, and will also star Arnold Schwarzenegger who reprises his role as Terminator/T-800 and Emilia Clarke of Game of Thrones fame, at the helm will be Thor: Dark World director Alan Taylor. Filming is slated to start early May with a 2015 release date.(Source Chosun News)
- Korean queen of pop Lee Hyori has been confirmed as one of two MC’s on SBS’s new variety show titled “Magic Eye“, Hyori makes her comeback to MC-ing after a two year hiatus, her co-host for the show will be actress Moon Sori. SBS has not yet scheduled an air date for the show but filming is due to start in June. (Source SportsSeoul)
- Day 2 of the lead up to EXO’s April 15th comeback gives us 2 new promo teasers that feature the two visuals of EXO, Kai and Luhan, the teasers were released through EXO’s official Facebook and website. Personally I like these teaser images more than the ones we got yesterday, both Kai and Luhan look really good and the editing and mirrored concept that they are going with is really awesome, I’m looking forward to seeing more of these. (Source Official Facebook)
- Korean singer Lena Park and T-Ara member Jiyeon have both released new teaser images for their upcoming albums. Both artists released their teasers on their respective SNS sites. Lena’s new mini-album titled “Syncro Fusion” is expected to be released on the 18th of April, “Synchro Fushion” is the first collaboration between Lena Park and music producer Yoon Jong Shin’s “Team 89“. T-Ara’s Park Ji Yeon is also prepping for her first solo album, the first teaser image was released with only the number “7” on it and that is about as much as we know about this album, a representative from her agency, Core Contents Media has said that “this is the first time one of the team has had a solo debut, the music, choreography and style of the album will have a different style to what T-Ara normally does” (Source Osen)